Molten dark chocolate and hazelnut pudding
A quick stir-together pudding that bakes to gorgeous soft and pillowy deliciousness. Serve with lashings of ice cream or cream – or both!
Equipment:5-cup capacity baking dish
- 180 g butter
- 200 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C fan bake.
- Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of simmering water to melt. Don’t let the base of the bowl touch the water. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together in a large bowl until pale and thick.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, then use a large metal spoon to fold in the flour and salt. Stir in half the hazelnuts and tip the mixture into the baking dish. Scatter over the remaining hazelnuts and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the pudding is set but still with a little wobble in the centre.
Dust with icing sugar, if desired, and serve immediately with ice cream or cream.
Recipe extracted from dish FAST by Sarah Tuck and Claire Aldous published by ICG Media.