This painting project will bring colour and sparkle to your outdoors, and the kids will love getting involved.
- Terracotta pots – ours were supplied by Potteryworld
- Resene testpots
- Cotton buds
FOR BASECOATS, THE KIDS CHOSE:
- Resene Timeout
- Resene Riptide
- Resene Wham
- Resene Funtasia
WE ALSO USED:
- Resene Scotty Silver
- Resene Glitterbug
- Resene Cupid
- Resene Supernova
- Resene Tangerine
- If you are planning to grow plants in your pots, paint inside and out with Resene Aquapel and Terracotta Sealer.
- Plan out your design on paper or with pencil on your pot – this is a good exercise for older children.
- Do a basecoat and wait to dry. For keen painters, waiting is hard work, but patience pays off.
- Have fun painting! If you plan to plant them later, remember to paint over the rim and an inch down inside the pot.
- Soft-tipped brushes work best – the paint goes on smoothly without scratches.
- For budding artists, try cotton buds. In addition to reducing the amount of paint the kids slop on, the small dots are a neat design feature. Younger children will also love using fingers, and what a cool way to display their handprints.
- Try a few Resene metallic testpots to add a bit of glitz.
For pops of colour at this time of year, try planting pansies, polyanthus, lobelia, calendula or alyssum.
For all your DIY projects, big or small, visit your nearest Resene Colorshop.