Put on your chef’s hat and create a Better Brekkie thanks to Celebrity Chef Michael Van de Elzen & Weet-Bix
Star chef Michael Van de Elzen is on a mission to make breakfast a more exciting time of day, so he has teamed up with Weet-Bix to inspire Kiwi families to eat a Better Brekkie.
Working with Weet-Bix on fresh ideas for wholesome and nutritious Better Brekkies, even Michael has been surprised at how versatile an ingredient the long-time breakfast favourite can be. “It makes a great, nutritious base and from there it’s so easy to build in the flavour.”
From a breakfast trifle and a wake-up shake, to Weet-Bix bircher muesli, porridge and pancakes, through his Better Brekkie recipes Michael has brought a chef’s flair to the first meal of the day. But his recipes are still quick, simple and family friendly.
Thanks to this delicious new collaboration, we have 4 family size boxes of Weet-Bix to give away, so your lucky family can try Michael’s yummy recipes below;
Weet-Bix Wake-Up Shake
With all the goodness of bananas, dates and Weet-Bix, the Weet-Bix Wake-Up Shake delivers a source of iron and fibre.
- 2 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits
- 300ml So Good Almond Milk
- 1 banana
- 4 dates
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Place the Weet-Bix into a blender with the So Good Almond Milk and let soak for a minute to soften.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Weet-Bix Breakfast Trifle
Try Weet-Bix Breakfast Trifle for a treat that delivers fibre and fruit – while being just a little indulgent
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup unsweetened yogurt
- 4 Weet-Bix wheat biscuits
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- Using a small saucepan, heat the blueberries and reduce for a couple minutes until thick.
- Take a glass (approximately 270ml) and start to layer your trifle, starting with ½ crushed Weet-Bix followed by a spoonful of yogurt, then the blueberry mix and pecans. Repeating once again.
- Finishing with a layer of the crushed pecan nuts. Sit for a few minutes to allow the Weet-Bix to soften before eating.
For more information on the Better Brekkie see www.weetbix.co.nz/the-better-brekkie-programme/